Table of Contents
Looking for remote work that will allow you travel the world or just work from home? You’ve come to the right place.
Since 2019, I have been celebrating companies that offer fully remote or work-from-home jobs that will allow you to work from anywhere. (You can also check out the reports from 2023, 2022 and 2020 here.) For 2024, I once again tapped into FlexJobs, which releases an annual ranking: Top 30 Companies for Work-From-Anywhere Jobs.
And even though data shows that Americans are returning to the office, this list is more relevant than ever. “Our data has shown that 95% of working professionals desire some form of remote work, and 63% of workers rank remote work options as the most important aspect of their job, ahead of salary, work-life boundaries, and having a good boss,” Keith Spencer, career expert at FlexJobs, told me in an interview. “The desire for the freedom and flexibility that remote work offers is clear, and a job that would allow you to live and work from wherever you want would provide a level of freedom that is, understandably, incredibly appealing to many.”
Adding to the appeal: “With growing RTO mandates and increased restrictions on remote work options shaping today’s job market, work-from-anywhere roles continue to be one of the most desirable arrangements for job seekers craving a better work-life balance,” says Spencer.
What surprises a lot of job seekers, though, is that not all remote roles provide the ability to work on the go. Given that many remote jobs require a specific geographic location, FlexJobs is sharing this list to help connect workers with employers embracing work-from-anywhere arrangements.
And in case you’re thinking that these positions are freelance, think again—most of the work-from-anywhere remote jobs are full-time staff positions, complete with benefits.
This year, FluentU—an online education company that offers innovative language immersion through real-world video content—is at the top of the list. “They have a mission-driven approach and are 100% remote with a workforce distributed around the world, which likely makes them attractive to many job seekers,” says Spencer.
Another thing going for FluentU: the popularity of the language learning industry and FluentU’s historical track record of posting a high number of work-from-anywhere job listings, including some opportunities that entail part-time, flexible schedule and freelance arrangements. “It shows a consistency of remote offerings and commitment to flexibility that has also contributed to its top spot on our list this year,” says Spencer.
On this year’s list, Spencer says that there was some shake-up among the top 10. FlexJobs also saw 16 employers return to the list, including Chainlink
Another interesting trend in working from anywhere: Some countries are offering digital nomad visas. “These longer-term visas, which do tend to come with certain stipulations, provide remote workers with the opportunity to stay in different countries longer than a typical tourist visa, with some even lasting up to a year or two,” says Spencer.
Top 30 Companies For Remote Jobs In 2024
Below you’ll find the top 30 companies on the FlexJobs survey, ranked in order from highest to lowest for volume of work-from-anywhere job listings.
1. FluentU: This online education company offers language immersion through real-world video content.
2. Static Media: This company delivers engaging content across a broad spectrum of topics, from blockbuster movies to the secrets of the universe.
3. Kraken: This digital asset platform offers spot trading, margin trading, parachain auctions and more.
4. Chainlink Labs: This internet company is developing smart contracts in an aim to reinvent what makes a trustworthy agreement.
5. Veeva: This is a provider of cloud-based software and services for the life sciences industry.
6. Invisible Technologies: Founded in 2015 to help overworked, stressed-out people, Invisible Technologies offers custom operations support to scaling small and midsized businesses.
7. Wikimedia Foundation: This nonprofit organization is dedicated to fostering the growth, development and distribution of free, multilingual content
8. Finixio: This global digital marketing firm is on a mission to drive customers and targeted traffic to its brands.
9. Oyster HR: This hiring and recruitment software startup has a mission of enables companies everywhere to hire people anywhere.
10. Canonical: This company offers a variety of services to help organizations become more efficient in their operations while reducing overall costs.
11. Remote Technology, Inc.: This company empowers companies to pay and manage contract and full-time workers around the world.
12. Study.com: This company aims to reduce the financial burden of attending a traditional college.
13. Magic Media & Entertainment Group: This computer games company is on a mission to be at the forefront of artistic, game development and technology services.
14. Superside: This company is on a mission to deliver design at scale to enterprise teams.
15. Yodo1: This gaming services company helps developers and studios around the world market, manage and monetize their games.
16. Outliant: This product development and consulting company provides technical end-to-end services to help companies grow digitally.
17. Cozymeal: This is an internet company offering an online marketplace through which users can find cooking classes, catering services and team-building activities, as well as connect with local professional caterers and chefs.
18. Nethermind: This company’s mission is to combine talent from around the world to solve some of the most complex blockchain problems.
19. Sourcegraph: This is a large-scale code-source engine and intelligence tool.
20. Verra: This is a nonprofit organization that specializes in environmental services and is on a mission to deliver higher standards for a sustainable future.
21. Carry1st: This is a mobile game publisher that has grown into the top company of its kind in Africa.
22. Consensys: Since 2014, this blockchain and web3 software company has been at the forefront of innovation, pioneering technological developments within the web3 ecosystem.
23. Hypixel Studios: This is a team of globally based gaming developers whose community-oriented games are designed to engage both players and content creators.
24. Screen Rant: Based in the Montréal suburb of Saint-Laurent, Québec, Canada, Screen Rant is an online publication that covers movie industry news in the United States.
25. Crimson Education: This fast-growing company aims to transform education by providing advanced technology and holistic advisory services that connect students and professionals to the world’s best educational opportunities.
26. e2f: This innovator in data and language operations provides customizable tech solutions for digital content.
27. Xapo Bank: This financial company provides services related to Bitcoin
28. Cash App: This financial services company has a platform and app that offer users an alternative to traditional banking by providing ways to send, spend, save and invest money, stocks, Bitcoin and more.
29. Scopic Software: This virtual software company develops custom software applications and turning ideas from the theoretical stage into rich and customized solutions.
30. Binance: This cryptocurrency exchange integrates digital technology with finance to provide clients with access to digital currency trading pairs.