Online Registration – Families New to PWCS
Español | Tiếng Việt | فارسی | 한국어 | العربية | اُردو | 中文 | پښتو
The online registration process for the 2022-23 school year will open on Monday, March 21, 2022, and is followed up with an in-person registration appointment. Students currently receiving preschool services through PWCS do not use online registration; and should contact the school at which the student will be attending Kindergarten to complete the enrollment requirements.
To register a student for the 2022-23 school year, proceed as follows:
Step 1: Create an Online Parent Account
- Go to the Online Registration Account & Records Access screen.
- Click the More Options tab, then click Create a New Account.
- Answer the Parent Account Activation questions, and click Continue.
- If you answer YES to any of the questions – you already have an active ParentVUE account, and will need to use your existing ParentVUE Username and Password to complete your student’s registration.
- If you answer NO to all the questions, continue to Step #4.
- Review the ParentVUE/StudentVUE User Agreement and I Accept to continue.
- Create your account by completing the following fields and click continue to Step #3.
- Legal First Name and Last Name -Please be sure to enter your name as it appears on government issued identification. Your name as entered here will be used for your electronic signature.
- Email Address – an activation link will be sent to this email. Please be sure to enter a valid email address.
- Security Code provided at the bottom of the screen.
- A confirmation message will appear. You will receive an email that will contain a link that will allow you to complete your account creation and begin the enrollment process.
- Click the link in the email. The Complete Account Creation window opens.
- Complete the following fields to complete your account creation, then click Save and Continue.
- User ID – by default, your email address is listed but may be changed if desired.
Step 2: Complete the Online Registration Application
- To use the online registration system, parents will access the system through their newly created PWCS ParentVUE account. On the Online Registration Account & Records Access screen, enter your ParentVUE Username and Password, and click Login.
- To register for the 2022-23 school year, select 2022-2023 *Online Registration (New Students)*.
- The Introduction Screen will display important information pertaining to online registration for your student, including helpful links to Prince William County Public Schools enrollment resources and regulations. Review the information on this page before proceeding with your application, then click Continue.
- Follow the instructions and click the Save and Continue at the bottom of each screen to move forward. As each section is completed, a green checkbox will appear next to the section name.
Step 3: Finalizing Your Enrollment
- Parents who have completed the online registration process may contact their child’s base school to schedule the follow-up in-person appointment. The in-person appointment will finalize your child’s enrollment.
- Bring your photo ID (for security purposes/entrance to the building), a physical copy of the student’s original birth certificate, and any other required documents that were not uploaded to your online application (e.g., proof of residency, proof of ID, immunizations, health/medical forms, etc.).
Please contact your student’s school if you have any questions regarding the application review and approval process.
Reference Information for Online Registration
Once a section has been completed, you may navigate back the section by selecting the tab from the navigation tree on the left side of the screen.